Marine Fights to Keep Marriage Equality in N.H.
BY Neal Broverman
January 12 2012 10:20 PM ET
As conservative legislators in New Hampshire work to undermine marriage equality there, a former Marine is circulating a petition urging fair-minded politicians to stop the effort.
New Hampshire's Craig Stowell says he was driven to action because of his gay brother, who now lives in New York. Stowell says his brother, Craig, endured endless bullying in school, but felt a sense of vindication when New Hampshire legalized gay marriage two years ago.
"When New Hampshire extended marriage to gay and lesbian couples, two years ago, he finally felt accepted. He finally felt like he belonged. Since that day 1,800 loving and committed gay and lesbian couples have married," Craig Stowell told New Hampshire's KITV.
Click here to sign Stowell's petition.
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Giants Pitcher Jeremy Affeldt Shares His Evolution on Homophobia
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News New Fire Island Pavilion Channels Old Attitude New Fire Island Pavilion Channels Old Attitude New Fire Island Pavilion Channels Old Attitude New Fire Island Pavilion Channels Old Attitude New Fire Island Pavilion Channels Old Attitude 12 min 6 sec ago
- Entertainment News Debbie Reynolds: 'We All Knew He Was Gay' 15 min 18 sec ago
- World News Ugandan LGBT Activists Arrested While Protesting Media Censorship 29 min 42 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel WATCH: Flash Mob Gay Marriage Proposal in Central Park 41 min 11 sec ago
- Women Cannes is Abuzz About Blue is the Warmest Color's Explicit Lesbian Sex Scenes 1 hour 3 min ago
- Sports Giants Pitcher Jeremy Affeldt Shares His Evolution on Homophobia 1 hour 30 min ago
- Youth Disney Exec Named Head of GLSEN Board 2 hours 26 min ago