Tyler Clementi's Brother Has a Message for Him
BY Neal Broverman
February 01 2012 3:20 PM ET
James Clementi is the gay older brother of Tyler Clementi, the Rutgers student who ended his life a year and a half ago after his roommate allegedly cyber-bullied him. In Out, the older Clementi shares photos and memories of his talented and beloved sibling.
Clementi talks about coming out to his younger brother; Tyler always seemed comfortable with his sexuality, according to James. The younger Clementi had the world at his feet, writes James, who says that in addition to being lovable and adorable, Tyler was an extremely talented violinist. James also shares letters he's written to his deceased brother, one where he discusses seeing his face from the cover of a People magazine.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 1 hour 51 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 2 hours 47 min ago
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 4:00 AM
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 4:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT 4:00 AM
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1:06 AM
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM