Lily Tomlin, Jane Wagner Honored by Carol Channing in Palm Springs
BY Jeremy Kinser
March 21 2012 3:33 PM ET
Entertainer Lily Tomlin and her longtime partner, writer-producer Jane Wagner, were honored with a star on the Palm Springs Walk of Fame last Friday.
Tomlin and Wagner received the 345th star on the walk of fame in the California desert city. Carol Channing, who was recipient of the 331st star on the walk, attended the ceremony to celebrate her two friends. "I was thrilled for her," Channing said. "Lily is such a great artist. Oh, I just love her and Jane."
Tomlin and Wagner were acknowledged for their incredible body of work, which includes numerous films as well as Broadway's Tony Award–winning The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- #TBT: Halloween Exhibitionism
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men