WATCH: Tom Cruise Sings Bon Jovi in Trailer
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 03 2012 2:44 PM ET
Tom Cruise performs Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" in director Adam Shankman's star-studded film adaptation of the hair band jukebox musical Rock of Ages.
Shankman, who helmed 2007's hit musical adaptation of Hairspray which starred John Travolta, now directs Cruise in his movie musical debut as frequently shirtless metal icon Stacee Jaxx. Also in the cast of the late '80s-set musical about sex, booze, and rock-n-roll are Russell Brand, Mary J. Blige, Paul Giamatti, Alec Baldwin as an excitable club promoter, Julianne Hough and newcomer Diego Boneta as aspiring performers and young lovers. In addition Catherine Zeta-Jones, who won an Academy Award for her performance in Chicago, makes a welcome return to the film musical as a pink pant-suited zealot determined to shut down the club, and belts out Pat Benatar's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot."
Rock of Ages hits theaters June 15. Watch the trailer below.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House