WATCH: Tom Cruise Sings Bon Jovi in Trailer
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 03 2012 2:44 PM ET
Tom Cruise performs Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" in director Adam Shankman's star-studded film adaptation of the hair band jukebox musical Rock of Ages.
Shankman, who helmed 2007's hit musical adaptation of Hairspray which starred John Travolta, now directs Cruise in his movie musical debut as frequently shirtless metal icon Stacee Jaxx. Also in the cast of the late '80s-set musical about sex, booze, and rock-n-roll are Russell Brand, Mary J. Blige, Paul Giamatti, Alec Baldwin as an excitable club promoter, Julianne Hough and newcomer Diego Boneta as aspiring performers and young lovers. In addition Catherine Zeta-Jones, who won an Academy Award for her performance in Chicago, makes a welcome return to the film musical as a pink pant-suited zealot determined to shut down the club, and belts out Pat Benatar's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot."
Rock of Ages hits theaters June 15. Watch the trailer below.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media