Dolly Parton Discusses Whitney Houston Funeral
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 06 2012 7:52 PM ET
Dolly Parton recalls bursting into tears when "I Will Always Love
You," a song she wrote and originally performed, began playing at
Whitney Houston's funeral in February.
Parton was interviewed about her storied career for a segment of CBS This Morning: Saturday, which will be broadcast tomorrow. During the interview the subject of Houston, who scored a remarkable success with the Parton-penned ballad, came up. “When they lifted her coffin up at that funeral and they went into that song, I mean, I just busted out in tears," Parton shares. "It was just like somebody just stuck me in the heart with a knife. It was just so overwhelming knowing that was my song, my words. So I think the both of us will always be — that song — will be tagged to both of us forever.”
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- 14 Sexy Gifts for Your Slutty Friends
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'