This Weekend: Zach Wahls Speaks Out Against N.C. Marriage Amendment
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 07 2012 10:33 AM ET
Zach Wahls, whose testimony in support of his two gay moms before the Iowa legislature last year became a viral hit on the web, will speak out against North Carolina’s Amendment One at a Saturday afternoon youth event in Charlotte.
Slated for a vote in the May 8 primary elections, the amendment would constitutionally ban gay marriage in the state (it’s already illegal), as well as civil unions and domestic partnerships — a move that advocates and lawmakers on both sides of the aisle warn will harm same-sex couples, the elderly, and victims of domestic violence.
Info via The Coalition to Protect All NC Families:
Third Annual Believe in Youth Awareness Event w/ Zach Wahls
April 7, 2012 - 5:00pm
Wells Fargo Auditorium at Knight Theater, Levine Center for the Arts
430 South Tryon St.
Charlotte, NC 28202
Campus Pride & Time Out Youth Third Annual BELIEVE IN YOUTH AWARENESS EVENT featuring ZACH WAHLS, National LGBT Youth Advocate, 2011 "Top Political Video" YouTube Sensation & Author of "My Two Moms"
Zach Wahls, 19, is known as “that kid from YouTube with two moms.” His passionate testimony before the Iowa General Assembly against a proposed anti-LGBT constitutional amendment was the number one YouTube "Political Video" of 2011.
Today Zach continues his national advocacy speaking in favor of marriage equality and comes to North Carolina one month prior to the statewide vote on the anti-LGBT constitutional amendment (Amendment One). Zach will release his new memoir titled My Two Moms on April 26, 2012.
FREE, Donations Encouraged; proceeds benefit Campus Pride & Time Out Youth
For more information or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (704) 277-6710.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper 19 min 12 sec ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 1 hour 4 min ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 2 hours 15 min ago
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 2 hours 17 min ago
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 6:09 PM
- Travel Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples 5:07 PM