I Advocate: A Few of Scott's Favorite Things ...
BY Advocate Contributors
December 02 2011 6:45 PM ET
Warning: the “F” word will be used. Using one of the most edgy, yet effective campaigns I’ve seen, FCKH8 targets the younger generation by taking advantage of the social media revolution to raise money for LGBT-related causes. Let’s face it, teenagers use curse words. And by plastering the word “fuck” on trendy shirts and in viral videos, the campaign puts a sarcastic twist on a recognizable message that educates youth and adults alike that it’s OK for you to gay. Their most recent video project — “5 Reasons People Choose 2 B Gay” — stars RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 3 winner Raja and tries to debunk the long “nature vs. nuture” myth.
“OMG! You get to be like, bullied and beaten at school!” the video says, “Why look popular when you can look forward to getting your teeth knocked out?” Of course, the only conclusion: “Why would anyone choose that?” Mission accomplished. See the video below.
FCKH8 will donate 10 cents for every Facebook “like” or Twitter tweet of the new video (up to $10,000) to H8Sux.com, a project which will be giving away thousands of free “OK4U2BGAY” T-shirts to teens across America to help fight bullying and suicide in schools. FCKH8.com
- Current Issue Experts Predict: Iran Will Remain Deadly 26 min 41 sec ago
- Transgender How New Immigration Detention Guidelines Fail Trans Inmates 34 min 36 sec ago
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark March 13 2014 7:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang March 13 2014 7:27 PM
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? March 13 2014 7:14 PM
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested March 13 2014 6:34 PM
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' March 13 2014 5:33 PM