I Advocate: A Few of Scott's Favorite Things ...
BY Advocate Contributors
December 02 2011 6:45 PM ET
Warning: the “F” word will be used. Using one of the most edgy, yet effective campaigns I’ve seen, FCKH8 targets the younger generation by taking advantage of the social media revolution to raise money for LGBT-related causes. Let’s face it, teenagers use curse words. And by plastering the word “fuck” on trendy shirts and in viral videos, the campaign puts a sarcastic twist on a recognizable message that educates youth and adults alike that it’s OK for you to gay. Their most recent video project — “5 Reasons People Choose 2 B Gay” — stars RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 3 winner Raja and tries to debunk the long “nature vs. nuture” myth.
“OMG! You get to be like, bullied and beaten at school!” the video says, “Why look popular when you can look forward to getting your teeth knocked out?” Of course, the only conclusion: “Why would anyone choose that?” Mission accomplished. See the video below.
FCKH8 will donate 10 cents for every Facebook “like” or Twitter tweet of the new video (up to $10,000) to H8Sux.com, a project which will be giving away thousands of free “OK4U2BGAY” T-shirts to teens across America to help fight bullying and suicide in schools. FCKH8.com
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Michael Sam Not Signed to Rams Practice Squad
- San Francisco Mourns Death of Legendary Drag Performer
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started