Did Your Representative in Congress Join the NOH8 Campaign?
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 11 2012 4:39 PM ET
Rep. Gwen Moore of Wisconsin: “Love is love. Whether heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or transgender, no one should be denied the opportunity to express this love through marriage. I stand strong in my support of the LGBT community and marriage equality.”
Rep. Danny K. Davis of Illinois: “I believe, and I think that people in America, as well as across the world should have the opportunity to love, to care, to be with, to marry, whoever it is they feel comfortable with. I think this campaign is a good one and it’s a decision whose time has come.”
Rep. Chaka Fattah of Pennsylvania: “I support the NOH8 Campaign and what we need is to have everyone step up and speak out and support the NOH8 campaign.”
Rep. Al Green of Texas: "I believe that Dr. King was right when he indicated life is an inescapable network of mutuality tied to a single garment of destiny - what impacts one directly, impacts all indirectly. Hate, indirectly, affects every person. We have to eradicate hate in all its forms and I am proud to be associated with this campaign."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Florida Man Fired for Saying He'll Wed His Dog Because of Same-Sex Marriage
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- Where Are 1.5 Million Missing Black Men?
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents