WATCH: One-Minute Poetry Slam Eviscerates Michele Bachmann's Bigotry
BY Sunnivie Brydum
April 15 2013 2:01 PM ET
A finalist in the 2013 Women of the World Poetry Slam has a few powerful words for Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann.
Sierra DeMulder is a two-time national poetry slam champion, according to her Facebook page, and at the 2013 WoWPS preliminary competition on March 16 in Minneapolis, Minn., had a direct message for her congresswoman and Bachmann's husband, who runs a clinic that specializes in so-called "ex-gay" or reparative therapy.
"How could we expect you to take a stand against bullying, when it helps pay for your mortgage?" asks DeMulder, contending that the Bachmanns have blood on their hands from every LGBT youth who has committed suicide in Minnesota in recent years.
"Tell your daughter that God is the bully with the biggest fist, and you can only hope that He is on your side," spits DeMulder, in possibly the most powerful minute of poetry we've ever heard.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- WATCH: StoryCorps Founder Discuss Gay Dad in Inspiring TED Talk