WATCH: One-Minute Poetry Slam Eviscerates Michele Bachmann's Bigotry
BY Sunnivie Brydum
April 15 2013 2:01 PM ET
A finalist in the 2013 Women of the World Poetry Slam has a few powerful words for Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann.
Sierra DeMulder is a two-time national poetry slam champion, according to her Facebook page, and at the 2013 WoWPS preliminary competition on March 16 in Minneapolis, Minn., had a direct message for her congresswoman and Bachmann's husband, who runs a clinic that specializes in so-called "ex-gay" or reparative therapy.
"How could we expect you to take a stand against bullying, when it helps pay for your mortgage?" asks DeMulder, contending that the Bachmanns have blood on their hands from every LGBT youth who has committed suicide in Minnesota in recent years.
"Tell your daughter that God is the bully with the biggest fist, and you can only hope that He is on your side," spits DeMulder, in possibly the most powerful minute of poetry we've ever heard.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' is Destroying Marriage
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride