Interview: Mayoral Candidate Bill de Blasio on NYC's Hate Crimes
BY Robbie Imes
August 12 2013 12:15 PM ET
Bill de Blasio sat down with Here TV’s Jim Morrison to discuss why LGBT New Yorkers should vote for him. Naming issues such as LGBT youth homelessness and rising antigay hate crimes in the city, de Blasio says he will approach LGBT issues more “aggressively” than has been done in the past.
The Brooklyn resident is New York City's public advocate, elected and serving since 2010, and says he's focused on change, equality, and a fair living for all. He is taking on out lesbian Christine Quinn, who leads in polls, to become New York's next mayor. Other candidates include the scandal-plagued former congressman Anthony Weiner and former city controller Bill Thompson.
- Mean Girls Actor Daniel Franzese Comes Out
- WATCH: Navy Baseball Players Sing 'Brozen'
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Highlights 'Confusion' in U.S. on LGBT Issues
- WATCH: Emma Stone Scolds Andrew Garfield Over Sexist Spider-Man Comments
- WATCH: Cokie Roberts Stands Up to Antigay Religious Activists