Interview: Mayoral Candidate Bill de Blasio on NYC's Hate Crimes
BY Robbie Imes
August 12 2013 12:15 PM ET
Bill de Blasio sat down with Here TV’s Jim Morrison to discuss why LGBT New Yorkers should vote for him. Naming issues such as LGBT youth homelessness and rising antigay hate crimes in the city, de Blasio says he will approach LGBT issues more “aggressively” than has been done in the past.
The Brooklyn resident is New York City's public advocate, elected and serving since 2010, and says he's focused on change, equality, and a fair living for all. He is taking on out lesbian Christine Quinn, who leads in polls, to become New York's next mayor. Other candidates include the scandal-plagued former congressman Anthony Weiner and former city controller Bill Thompson.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Ireland Votes Yes, Becomes First Nation in World to Approve Marriage Equality
- Artist Spotlight: Ben McNutt