Wanda Sykes to Right Wing: No One Will Force You to Attend a Gay Wedding
BY Lucas Grindley
September 07 2012 12:52 PM ET
Out comedian and actress Wanda Sykes says the right wing has the wrong idea about gay people who want to get married.
During an interview this week with MSNBC's Thomas Roberts, Sykes assured the right wing that they won't be forced to attend a gay wedding.
"It's not going to be mandatory," she mocked. "It seems like gay people are crazy and we go around and canvass the whole neighborhood: 'Come to my big gay wedding, come on, it's mandatory.'"
And even if attending same-sex weddings is optional, she the right wing shouldn't be so worried about getting invited.
"If you don't agree with it, then chances are you don't know anyone who is gay or are close to someone who is gay," she said, "so that even increases your chances of never being invited to a same-sex wedding."
Sykes is promoting her LGBT-focused election special to air on Logo Monday at 10 p.m.
Watch video of the complete interview below.
- Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Senate Republicans Introduce 'License to Discriminate' Bill
- India's Sodomy Ban Incites 'Day of Rage' Among Activists
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV
- Politics India's Sodomy Ban Incites 'Day of Rage' Among Activists 33 min 38 sec ago
- Activism Queers for Economic Justice Announces Closure 35 min 54 sec ago
- Entertainment News Johnny Weir Scrubs His Bio of Russian Government Work 1 hour 43 min ago
- Transgender HHS to Reevaluate Ban on Gender-Confirming Surgeries 1 hour 48 min ago
- Television WATCH: Ian McKellen Strolls Down Sesame Street 2 hours 17 min ago
- Women WATCH: Mary Lambert's Version of 'Teenage Dirtbag' is a Lesbian Love Song! 2 hours 38 min ago
- Marriage Equality Senate Republicans Introduce 'License to Discriminate' Bill 2 hours 47 min ago