Wanda Sykes to Right Wing: No One Will Force You to Attend a Gay Wedding
BY Lucas Grindley
September 07 2012 12:52 PM ET
Out comedian and actress Wanda Sykes says the right wing has the wrong idea about gay people who want to get married.
During an interview this week with MSNBC's Thomas Roberts, Sykes assured the right wing that they won't be forced to attend a gay wedding.
"It's not going to be mandatory," she mocked. "It seems like gay people are crazy and we go around and canvass the whole neighborhood: 'Come to my big gay wedding, come on, it's mandatory.'"
And even if attending same-sex weddings is optional, she the right wing shouldn't be so worried about getting invited.
"If you don't agree with it, then chances are you don't know anyone who is gay or are close to someone who is gay," she said, "so that even increases your chances of never being invited to a same-sex wedding."
Sykes is promoting her LGBT-focused election special to air on Logo Monday at 10 p.m.
Watch video of the complete interview below.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season December 04 2013 7:41 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity December 04 2013 7:25 PM
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional December 04 2013 4:50 PM
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs December 04 2013 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth December 04 2013 3:37 PM