Wanda Sykes to Right Wing: No One Will Force You to Attend a Gay Wedding
BY Lucas Grindley
September 07 2012 1:52 PM ET
Out comedian and actress Wanda Sykes says the right wing has the wrong idea about gay people who want to get married.
During an interview this week with MSNBC's Thomas Roberts, Sykes assured the right wing that they won't be forced to attend a gay wedding.
"It's not going to be mandatory," she mocked. "It seems like gay people are crazy and we go around and canvass the whole neighborhood: 'Come to my big gay wedding, come on, it's mandatory.'"
And even if attending same-sex weddings is optional, she the right wing shouldn't be so worried about getting invited.
"If you don't agree with it, then chances are you don't know anyone who is gay or are close to someone who is gay," she said, "so that even increases your chances of never being invited to a same-sex wedding."
Sykes is promoting her LGBT-focused election special to air on Logo Monday at 10 p.m.
Watch video of the complete interview below.
- Bruce Jenner Ends Speculation, Comes Out as Transgender Woman
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People