WATCH: 5 Couples Protest in Mississippi for Marriage Equality
BY Lucas Grindley
January 03 2013 3:35 PM ET
Five lesbian couples applied for marriage licenses in Missippi this week and, as expected, were denied. But they hope the protest will make a difference.
"We're here to apply for a marriage license," they are shown saying, and then getting denied one by one at the The Forrest County Circuit Clerk's Office, according to a report by WDAM.
Sara Bell joined the "We Do" campaign in the protest and explained her application to the clerks office this way: "It's what we have together and that we love each other that makes us a family, but this piece of paper would protect our family."
Watch a documentary-style video from the "We Do" campaign from the protest.
Watch the report below.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- MICHAEL SAM CUT FROM RAMS ROSTER
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Hot Sheet: Young, Cute, Dead
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death