WATCH: 12-Year-Old Son of Gay Dads Reads Letter to Justice Roberts
BY Neal Broverman
March 18 2013 1:45 PM ET
Daniel Martinez, a Northern California 12-year-old adopted by a gay couple, wrote a deeply personal letter to Supreme Court chief justice John Roberts, the father of adopted children.
Martinez, suffering from a genetic disorder affecting the left side of his face, urges Roberts to strike down California's Proposition 8. He says his fathers provided him and his sister with a wonderful life when no one else wanted to, and their family should be treated no differently than others. Watch below.
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet