WATCH: 12-Year-Old Son of Gay Dads Reads Letter to Justice Roberts
BY Neal Broverman
March 18 2013 2:45 PM ET
Daniel Martinez, a Northern California 12-year-old adopted by a gay couple, wrote a deeply personal letter to Supreme Court chief justice John Roberts, the father of adopted children.
Martinez, suffering from a genetic disorder affecting the left side of his face, urges Roberts to strike down California's Proposition 8. He says his fathers provided him and his sister with a wonderful life when no one else wanted to, and their family should be treated no differently than others. Watch below.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo 18 min 29 sec ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper 1 hour 18 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 2 hours 3 min ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 6:09 PM