WATCH: 12-Year-Old Son of Gay Dads Reads Letter to Justice Roberts
BY Neal Broverman
March 18 2013 1:45 PM ET
Daniel Martinez, a Northern California 12-year-old adopted by a gay couple, wrote a deeply personal letter to Supreme Court chief justice John Roberts, the father of adopted children.
Martinez, suffering from a genetic disorder affecting the left side of his face, urges Roberts to strike down California's Proposition 8. He says his fathers provided him and his sister with a wonderful life when no one else wanted to, and their family should be treated no differently than others. Watch below.
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers