WATCH: Washington Post Hosts Google Hangouts on Marriage Equality
BY Lucas Grindley
March 21 2013 12:06 PM ET
The Washington Post is convening a series of Google hangouts, called the "State of our Unions," about next week's hearings at the Supreme Court. And the first "all-star panel," as host Chis Cillizza promises, included The Advocate's editor-in-chief, Matthew Breen.
The discussion also includes:
Bob Barnes, The Washington Post
Ryan Anderson, Heritage Foundation
Amy Howes, SCOTUS blog editor
Mary Bonauto, Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders, civil rights director
Watch the wide-ranging conversation below for a primer on what's really at stake come next week and how we arrived at this moment.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Amber Heard: 'I Don’t Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members