Arkansas House Committee Reaffirms Support for DOMA
BY Neal Broverman
March 23 2013 1:25 PM ET
A committee of the Republican-dominated Arkansas house overwhelmingly approved a resolution supporting the state's constitutional ban against same-sex marriage, as well as the federal Defense of Marriage Act, which the Supreme Court is set to decide on the constitutionality of soon.
With no discussion or roll call, the resolution passed Friday morning. It was put forth by GOP Rep. Jim Dotson of Bentonville, the home of the Wal-Mart corporation. The Arkansas Times notes that the resolution was in shell form but passed anyway, saying, with snark, that "some things are just instinctive for the legislature, of course. Guns and tax cuts good. Women's rights and homosexuality, bad."
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Michael Musto Is Never Getting Married
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: It Doesn't Matter How Many Times Kim Davis Was Wed
- Mike Huckabee Urges 'Free Kim Davis'; Others Call Her a Rosa Parks