Arkansas House Committee Reaffirms Support for DOMA
BY Neal Broverman
March 23 2013 12:25 PM ET
A committee of the Republican-dominated Arkansas house overwhelmingly approved a resolution supporting the state's constitutional ban against same-sex marriage, as well as the federal Defense of Marriage Act, which the Supreme Court is set to decide on the constitutionality of soon.
With no discussion or roll call, the resolution passed Friday morning. It was put forth by GOP Rep. Jim Dotson of Bentonville, the home of the Wal-Mart corporation. The Arkansas Times notes that the resolution was in shell form but passed anyway, saying, with snark, that "some things are just instinctive for the legislature, of course. Guns and tax cuts good. Women's rights and homosexuality, bad."
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gifting No-Nos for Gay Men
- Leaked 'The Interview' Scene Puts James Franco in Bed With Kim Jong-Un