25 of the Most Hateful Tweets About Same-Sex Weddings at the Grammys
BY Jase Peeples
January 27 2014 4:17 PM ET
Marriage equality supporters around the globe cheered as 33 gay and straight couples said “I do” during Macklemore’s performance of “Same Love” at the 56th annual Grammy Awards last night.
However, the historic mass wedding wasn’t celebrated by everyone. Several antigay bigots flocked to Twitter to spew messages of hate and claim that the historic moment was mocking traditional marriage, Christianity, and family values.
Below are 25 of the most vile, homophobic messages that hit the Twitterverse in response to the celebration of love that took place at the music awards show.
Total mockery of God on the Grammys tonight! The world has gone gay-mad! And it is sickening! http://t.co/diYnT3ONGz
— BusterWilson (@busterwilson) January 27, 2014
@CBS CBS: Shame on you, the Grammy's is supposed to be a family friendly show. It was disgusting, and sick to have gay marriages.
— Dr R Joseph Milligan (@parsonjoe1) January 27, 2014
Grammy's are pathetic.. I boycott from now on. A gay marriage on tv is disgusting and uncalled for.
— ▲ Nae Nae ▲ (@OfficialZhero) January 27, 2014
— wpbest1 (@wpbest1) January 27, 2014
Okay that's just disgusting Macklemore honestly leave America
— Tyler Baker (@Tyler_Baker249) January 27, 2014
why can Macklemore stand there and make fun of my religion? but I can't say anything about how gay marriage is disgusting?
— Matt Winter (@_matt_winter) January 27, 2014
Heads up: Grammy telecast to feature sodomy-based wedding ceremonies. http://t.co/pbdVOkYuG8
— Bryan Fischer (@BryanJFischer) January 26, 2014
— Deborah Woods (@tshalachjob2312) January 26, 2014
Is it just me or are some of the Grammy performances so far seem to be really demonic?? Looks like there is a lot of evil in the world..
— AJ McCarron (@10AJMcCarron) January 27, 2014
The biggest propaganda piece I've ever seen. #GRAMMYs
— Caleb Parke (@calebparke) January 27, 2014
— Scottie Nell Hughes (@scottienhughes) January 27, 2014
I don't care if they are gay or straight this is wrong. Quit shoving your leftist agenda down my throat. Enough is enough.
— Dalton Glasscock (@dglasscock) January 27, 2014
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- HIV & AIDS Why Are a Higher Percentage of Native Americans Dying from AIDS Complications Than Any Other Group? 13 min 52 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Lorde Is Not Having Your Stupid Lesbian Joke 39 min 28 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: In Defense of Looking 2 hours 23 min ago
- Current Issue Truly Social Networking 6:01 AM
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 5:00 AM
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM