VIDEO: Duck Dynasty Star Says Gay People are Evil Murderers
BY Neal Broverman
December 21 2013 3:25 PM ET
Still think Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson isn’t so bad? Watch this video of the reality star ranting like an antigay lunatic to a Pennsylvania audience, first obtained by TMZ.
The video shows Robertson speaking at Pennsylvania’s Berean Bible Church’s Wild Game Supper in 2010. He doesn’t just disavow marriage equality or employment rights, his speech is like something out of Uganda or Russia:
“Women with women, men with men, they committed indecent acts with one another and they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversions,” he says, insinuating gay people deserved AIDS. “They’re full of murder, envy, strife, hatred; they are insolent, arrogant, God-haters; they are heartless, they are faithless, they are senseless, they are ruthless, they invent ways of doing evil.” Watch the full video below.
After a similar, but less frightening rant in GQ, Robertson is on “indefinite” hiatus from Duck Dynasty, thanks to his bosses at A&E. But the Los Angeles Times reports that network and show officials, which include a man who once portrayed a gay porn actor, knew of Robertson’s views but hoped to keep them quiet. Even though castmembers say they may quit the show if Robertson doesn't return, the network is hoping the scandal blows over and filming can soon resume for a fifth season, reports The Hollywood Reporter.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'