Video Shows Child's Antigay Hymn Getting Huge Applause
BY Lucas Grindley
May 30 2012 12:34 PM ET UPDATED: May 30 2012 7:16 PM ET
An Indiana church congregation was caught on video wildly standing in ovation as a young child sings, "Ain't no homo going to make it to heaven."
The cell phone video was posted on YouTube and has sparked an outrage that has angry commenters flooding a Facebook page for the Apostolic Truth Tabernacle. The Indy Channel reports that it is pastor Jeff Sangl onstage with the boy as he is cheered on by a raucous congregation.
"I know the Bible's right, somebody's wrong," the child sings. "Romans 1 and 27, ain't no homo going to make it to heaven."
"That's my boy!" someone yells from the pews.
Two boys are at the microphone in front of the church, and one is seen running off the stage at the end and high-fiving an adult near the front of the church.
"Not very 'Christian' in your behavior," wrote one commenter. "Shame on you for teaching children to be hateful."
"Saw your video," wrote another. "Congratulations on poisoning and perverting a child's mind with bronze age mythology. I thought the Westboro church was an isolated incident."
TMZ reports that the singing child is 3-years-old and that reaction has been so overwhelming the church is now in "lockdown" because of threatening phone calls. The pastor and his family say they fear for their lives and have taken a sudden vacation to an undisclosed location. But no apology or anything like it appears in the making.
Watch the video below.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Travel PHOTOS: Happy Gay People on Beaches 43 min 27 sec ago
- Media Michelle Malkin Sells Twitter Aggregator to Christian Media Company 46 min 58 sec ago
- Parenting Northern Ireland Lifts Ban on Same-Sex Couples Adopting 1 hour 13 min ago
- Women WATCH: Behold! Tina Fey & Amy Poehler Are Back in First Golden Globes Promo 1 hour 24 min ago
- Entertainment News Carmen Carrera & Her Victoria's Secret Dream 2 hours 21 min ago
- Politics India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban 2 hours 55 min ago
- Media Edie Windsor Is No. 3 on Time's Person of Year Shortlist 11:09 AM