Priest: Teen's Refusal to Disavow Marriage Equality Cost Him Confirmation
BY Neal Broverman
November 19 2012 6:57 PM ET
A Minnesota teen supportive of marriage equality voluntarily dropped his effort at being confirmed by the Roman Catholic Church, but he wouldn't have been allowed the Sacrament of Confirmation anyway, according to his priest.
Lennon Cihak, 17, refused to back down from his equality stance. He agreed to drop his attempt at confrimation, but his hard-line priest said he wouldn't have been allowed it anyway if he didn't change his views.
“He could be confirmed, but he’d have to change his mind about some things, and I don’t know if Lennon is going to do that,” Father Gary LaMoine said in an interview.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment