Priest: Teen's Refusal to Disavow Marriage Equality Cost Him Confirmation
BY Neal Broverman
November 19 2012 7:57 PM ET
A Minnesota teen supportive of marriage equality voluntarily dropped his effort at being confirmed by the Roman Catholic Church, but he wouldn't have been allowed the Sacrament of Confirmation anyway, according to his priest.
Lennon Cihak, 17, refused to back down from his equality stance. He agreed to drop his attempt at confrimation, but his hard-line priest said he wouldn't have been allowed it anyway if he didn't change his views.
“He could be confirmed, but he’d have to change his mind about some things, and I don’t know if Lennon is going to do that,” Father Gary LaMoine said in an interview.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Amber Heard: 'I Don’t Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island