Priest: Teen's Refusal to Disavow Marriage Equality Cost Him Confirmation
BY Neal Broverman
November 19 2012 7:57 PM ET
A Minnesota teen supportive of marriage equality voluntarily dropped his effort at being confirmed by the Roman Catholic Church, but he wouldn't have been allowed the Sacrament of Confirmation anyway, according to his priest.
Lennon Cihak, 17, refused to back down from his equality stance. He agreed to drop his attempt at confrimation, but his hard-line priest said he wouldn't have been allowed it anyway if he didn't change his views.
“He could be confirmed, but he’d have to change his mind about some things, and I don’t know if Lennon is going to do that,” Father Gary LaMoine said in an interview.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Boy Scouts' Decision Draws Heated Reaction From All Sides 29 min 37 sec ago
- Entertainment News Do You Hear 'Girl Men' or 'Guru Men?' 1 hour 48 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 7:00 AM
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 6:03 AM
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 6:00 AM
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 4:00 AM
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM