Priest: Teen's Refusal to Disavow Marriage Equality Cost Him Confirmation
BY Neal Broverman
November 19 2012 6:57 PM ET
A Minnesota teen supportive of marriage equality voluntarily dropped his effort at being confirmed by the Roman Catholic Church, but he wouldn't have been allowed the Sacrament of Confirmation anyway, according to his priest.
Lennon Cihak, 17, refused to back down from his equality stance. He agreed to drop his attempt at confrimation, but his hard-line priest said he wouldn't have been allowed it anyway if he didn't change his views.
“He could be confirmed, but he’d have to change his mind about some things, and I don’t know if Lennon is going to do that,” Father Gary LaMoine said in an interview.
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 2 hours 43 min ago
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 6:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM