Priest: Teen's Refusal to Disavow Marriage Equality Cost Him Confirmation
BY Neal Broverman
November 19 2012 7:57 PM ET
A Minnesota teen supportive of marriage equality voluntarily dropped his effort at being confirmed by the Roman Catholic Church, but he wouldn't have been allowed the Sacrament of Confirmation anyway, according to his priest.
Lennon Cihak, 17, refused to back down from his equality stance. He agreed to drop his attempt at confrimation, but his hard-line priest said he wouldn't have been allowed it anyway if he didn't change his views.
“He could be confirmed, but he’d have to change his mind about some things, and I don’t know if Lennon is going to do that,” Father Gary LaMoine said in an interview.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting