Right-Wing Group: Presence of Trans Student in Girls' Restroom Is 'Harassment'
BY Trudy Ring
October 18 2013 8:20 PM ET
An anti-LGBT group has essentially admitted that reports of a transgender student was harassing others at a Colorado school were fabricated, saying the mere presence of the student in the girls’ restroom constituted harassment.
The Pacific Justice Institute, which works against LGBT rights, issued a statement this week to transgender rights group TransAdvocate, saying in part, “It is our position that the intrusion of a biological male into a restroom for teenage girls is inherently intimidating and harassing.”
Several right-wing news outlets had picked up the story, but administrators at Florence High School said no incidents of harassment had been reported — one parent had merely brought up their fears of harassment to school officials and the media.
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Lesbian Couple Allegedly Beaten After Kissing Outside Six Flags New England
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait