Right-Wing Group: Presence of Trans Student in Girls' Restroom Is 'Harassment'
BY Trudy Ring
October 18 2013 8:20 PM ET
An anti-LGBT group has essentially admitted that reports of a transgender student was harassing others at a Colorado school were fabricated, saying the mere presence of the student in the girls’ restroom constituted harassment.
The Pacific Justice Institute, which works against LGBT rights, issued a statement this week to transgender rights group TransAdvocate, saying in part, “It is our position that the intrusion of a biological male into a restroom for teenage girls is inherently intimidating and harassing.”
Several right-wing news outlets had picked up the story, but administrators at Florence High School said no incidents of harassment had been reported — one parent had merely brought up their fears of harassment to school officials and the media.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- PHOTOS: The Grime and Glam of Mid-1970s New York