Right-Wing Group: Presence of Trans Student in Girls' Restroom Is 'Harassment'
BY Trudy Ring
October 18 2013 8:20 PM ET
An anti-LGBT group has essentially admitted that reports of a transgender student was harassing others at a Colorado school were fabricated, saying the mere presence of the student in the girls’ restroom constituted harassment.
The Pacific Justice Institute, which works against LGBT rights, issued a statement this week to transgender rights group TransAdvocate, saying in part, “It is our position that the intrusion of a biological male into a restroom for teenage girls is inherently intimidating and harassing.”
Several right-wing news outlets had picked up the story, but administrators at Florence High School said no incidents of harassment had been reported — one parent had merely brought up their fears of harassment to school officials and the media.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- A Letter to My Partners
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! 1 hour 13 min ago
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias 1 hour 26 min ago
- Sports South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén 1 hour 39 min ago
- Uganda WATCH: Meet the American Evangelical Behind Uganda's Antigay Law 1 hour 41 min ago
- Women WATCH: 7 New Orphan Black Season 2 Teasers to Hold You Over! 1 hour 44 min ago
- Television Looking GIF-cap: Season 1 Finale 4:19 PM
- Books Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel 4:16 PM