Right-Wing Group: Presence of Trans Student in Girls' Restroom Is 'Harassment'
BY Trudy Ring
October 18 2013 8:20 PM ET
An anti-LGBT group has essentially admitted that reports of a transgender student was harassing others at a Colorado school were fabricated, saying the mere presence of the student in the girls’ restroom constituted harassment.
The Pacific Justice Institute, which works against LGBT rights, issued a statement this week to transgender rights group TransAdvocate, saying in part, “It is our position that the intrusion of a biological male into a restroom for teenage girls is inherently intimidating and harassing.”
Several right-wing news outlets had picked up the story, but administrators at Florence High School said no incidents of harassment had been reported — one parent had merely brought up their fears of harassment to school officials and the media.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- WATCH: As Marriage Equality Spreads, Judge Rules NOM Can't Recoup $700K in Legal Fees