Right-Wing Group: Presence of Trans Student in Girls' Restroom Is 'Harassment'
BY Trudy Ring
October 18 2013 8:20 PM ET
An anti-LGBT group has essentially admitted that reports of a transgender student was harassing others at a Colorado school were fabricated, saying the mere presence of the student in the girls’ restroom constituted harassment.
The Pacific Justice Institute, which works against LGBT rights, issued a statement this week to transgender rights group TransAdvocate, saying in part, “It is our position that the intrusion of a biological male into a restroom for teenage girls is inherently intimidating and harassing.”
Several right-wing news outlets had picked up the story, but administrators at Florence High School said no incidents of harassment had been reported — one parent had merely brought up their fears of harassment to school officials and the media.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- Op-ed: What I Learned Protesting in Ferguson
- 5 Times the U.N. Resolved, Then Failed, to End Homophobia Worldwide
- Holder's Final Vow to Supreme Court: Uphold Marriage Equality
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail