WATCH: 'Trans Rights Are Human Rights' Highlights Awareness
BY Parker Marie Molloy
March 03 2014 3:46 PM ET
Last week, the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS and the Asia Pacific Transgender Network released a video intended to raise awareness of the issues facing many transgender individuals, including access to housing and medical care, and highlighting the general discrimination many trans people face.
The video, titled, "Transgender Rights are Human Rights," was created to commemorate Zero Discrimination Day, which UNAIDS describes as "an opportunity to celebrate everyone's right to live a full and productive life with dignity."
The video highlights 21 transgender men and women from various regions of Asia and the Pacific, allowing each to tell a story of discrimination and state their hopes for a better future, free of discrimination.
Watch the video below:
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Ellen Does Pot Brownies With Matthew McConaughey
- Faking It's Michael J. Willett Is the Teen Heartthrob We've Been Waiting For