WATCH: Edie Windsor Roll Through NYC Pride
BY Neal Broverman
June 30 2013 6:15 PM ET
As one of three grand marshals of this weekend's Gay Pride in New York, DOMA plaintiff Edie Windsor was greeted with a hero's welcome.
The always-stylish Windsor, who brought the successful case against DOMA after being hit with a $363,000 tax bill following her wife's death, wore a wide-brimmed hat and white blouse as she rode down Fifth Avenue in a convertible. The 84-year-old told the media in New York she never imagined she would be an LGBT hero and icon. Catch a glimpse of her below.
NYC's other marshals were actor and activist Harry Belafonte and Earl Folkes of the Center for Black Equity.
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 2 hours 36 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 7:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 6:30 AM
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 5:00 AM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM