WATCH: Edie Windsor Roll Through NYC Pride
BY Neal Broverman
June 30 2013 6:15 PM ET
As one of three grand marshals of this weekend's Gay Pride in New York, DOMA plaintiff Edie Windsor was greeted with a hero's welcome.
The always-stylish Windsor, who brought the successful case against DOMA after being hit with a $363,000 tax bill following her wife's death, wore a wide-brimmed hat and white blouse as she rode down Fifth Avenue in a convertible. The 84-year-old told the media in New York she never imagined she would be an LGBT hero and icon. Catch a glimpse of her below.
NYC's other marshals were actor and activist Harry Belafonte and Earl Folkes of the Center for Black Equity.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6