WATCH: Edie Windsor Roll Through NYC Pride
BY Neal Broverman
June 30 2013 6:15 PM ET
As one of three grand marshals of this weekend's Gay Pride in New York, DOMA plaintiff Edie Windsor was greeted with a hero's welcome.
The always-stylish Windsor, who brought the successful case against DOMA after being hit with a $363,000 tax bill following her wife's death, wore a wide-brimmed hat and white blouse as she rode down Fifth Avenue in a convertible. The 84-year-old told the media in New York she never imagined she would be an LGBT hero and icon. Catch a glimpse of her below.
NYC's other marshals were actor and activist Harry Belafonte and Earl Folkes of the Center for Black Equity.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW 2 hours 20 min ago
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 5:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM