WATCH: Edie Windsor Roll Through NYC Pride
BY Neal Broverman
June 30 2013 7:15 PM ET
As one of three grand marshals of this weekend's Gay Pride in New York, DOMA plaintiff Edie Windsor was greeted with a hero's welcome.
The always-stylish Windsor, who brought the successful case against DOMA after being hit with a $363,000 tax bill following her wife's death, wore a wide-brimmed hat and white blouse as she rode down Fifth Avenue in a convertible. The 84-year-old told the media in New York she never imagined she would be an LGBT hero and icon. Catch a glimpse of her below.
NYC's other marshals were actor and activist Harry Belafonte and Earl Folkes of the Center for Black Equity.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Cute Gay Teen Explains Homosexuality and the Bible
- San Francisco Mourns Death of Legendary Drag Performer
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Britney Spears Heartfelt Letter to Once Suicidal Gay Fan
- WATCH: Late Summer Stars