AFA Calls for a Google Boycott
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
July 11 2012 12:31 PM ET
In not-so-surprising news today, Right Wing Watch reported that the American Family Association's Buster Wilson this week floated the idea of a Google boycott, in response to the tech company's heralded new "Legalize Love"campaign. Google said their new international campaign was aimed at decriminalizing homosexuality and eliminating homophobia around the globe. The AFA already boycotts the maker of Oreo cookies (thanks to their rainbow pride cookie ad from June) and Home Depot (for their pro-LGBT employee policies). But Wilson told listeners of AFA's radio program, AFA Today, that the boycott would, naturally be a tough one, but one that would “test the meat of our convictions.”
Of course, AFA members may have to look high and low for a search engine that meets their “convictions,” since Bing — oft cited as the next largest search engine — is owned by Microsoft, a company that recently endorsed marriage equality as well.
Ironcially, the video of Wilson's speech was posted by Right Wing Watch on YouTube, which is owned by Google, as well.
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM