Dad Wears Dress in Solidarity With Dress-Loving Son
BY Michelle Garcia
August 28 2012 7:03 PM ET
A German father said that he sometimes wears skirts to support his son, who also prefers to wear skirts and dresses.
Nils Pickert and his family moved from West Berlin to a more traditional village in southern Germany, Gawker reports. After Pickert's son expressed worries that other kids at school would mock him for wearing dresses, his father decided to also don a dress in solidarity.
"I didn't want to talk my son into not wearing dresses and skirts," he said. "He didn't make friends in doing that in Berlin already and after a lot of contemplation I had only one option left: To broaden my shoulders for my little buddy and dress in a skirt myself."
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Russia's High Court Declares 'Gay Propaganda' Ban Constitutional
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season December 04 2013 7:41 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity December 04 2013 7:25 PM
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional December 04 2013 4:50 PM
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs December 04 2013 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth December 04 2013 3:37 PM