Dad Wears Dress in Solidarity With Dress-Loving Son
BY Michelle Garcia
August 28 2012 8:03 PM ET
A German father said that he sometimes wears skirts to support his son, who also prefers to wear skirts and dresses.
Nils Pickert and his family moved from West Berlin to a more traditional village in southern Germany, Gawker reports. After Pickert's son expressed worries that other kids at school would mock him for wearing dresses, his father decided to also don a dress in solidarity.
"I didn't want to talk my son into not wearing dresses and skirts," he said. "He didn't make friends in doing that in Berlin already and after a lot of contemplation I had only one option left: To broaden my shoulders for my little buddy and dress in a skirt myself."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 14 min 34 sec ago
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 17 min 6 sec ago
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 1 hour 1 min ago
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 1 hour 8 min ago
- Travel Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples 2 hours 11 min ago
- Women SheWired Shot of the Day: Chloe Sevigny Absolut-ly Sizzles for Elyxr 2 hours 28 min ago
- Crime Arrest Made in Latest Antigay Attack in NYC 2 hours 39 min ago