Kids Say the Darndest LGBT Things
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
April 24 2013 6:47 PM ET
Fellow teachers, students, and union members took to the streets to march in memory of Lucy Meadows, a 32-year-old transgender teacher in Lancashire, England, who was found dead in March after being harassed by the media after she came out as transgender. Among the supporters was 7-year-old Daisy Moreton, a student of student of Meadows at St Mary Magdalen's. According to Pink News, Moreton's poem about her former teacher, read as follows:
Makes you happy/ In high spirits /Smiles/ Said kind things
Made us feel good/ Ever helpful/ Always nice/ Delightful
One of a kind
Meanwhile across the pond, a fourth grader penned a charmingand heartfelt essay on why gay people should be allowed to get married. Posted on Reddit and HRC's blog, the best line includes this gambit: "It doesn't matter if it creeps you out. Just get over it."
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers