Amare Stoudemire Uses the F Word to Defend Himself on Twitter
BY Neal Broverman
June 25 2012 12:05 PM ET
Knicks forward Amare Stoudemire went back to the school playground during a Twitter feud with an unhappy basketball fan.
Brian Ferrelli tweeted Stoudemire on Saturday, saying he should "make up for this past season." Stoudemire didn't appreciate the negative feedback and sent a private message back to the Knicks fanatic. Unfortunately, Stoudemire used a gay slur in his message. The private missive was captured by Ferrelli who took a screen shot and displayed it. Stoudemire, caught in the act, apologized for his attack on Ferrelli, writing "I apologize for what I said earlier. I just got off the plane and had time to think about it. Sorry bro!! No Excuses. Won't happen again."
- UFC Comes Down Hard on Homophobic Wrestler
- 25 Rare Photos of Jinkx Monsoon Before "Drag Superstardom"
- Protests Continue But Opponents in France Get Final Loss
- Rising Above the Down Low
- Florist Counter-Sues Washington, Arguing She Has a Right to Discriminate
- WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM
- Style WATCH: Nasty Pig Meets Naughty Dog May 17 2013 7:00 PM
- Sports UFC Comes Down Hard on Homophobic Wrestler May 17 2013 6:49 PM