Shaq's Pee Cartoon Incites Antigay Response
BY Neal Broverman
January 03 2013 3:31 PM ET
Basketball legend Shaquille O'Neal got himself involved in a minor controversy after he posted an image of urinal etiquette that sparked an antigay response.
In the cartoon, posted early Thursday, a man decides to use a urinal next to another man unloading his bladder, even though several other urinals are available. O'Neal wrote under the image, "This is an automatic fight in my book.......LMFAO."
One commenter wrote "GAAAAAYYYY !!!!!," while another wrote, "Meat gazer!" In the cartoon, the man who urinates close to the other man has a somewhat limp wrist.
As Huffington Post points out, O'Neal has previously shown support for gay rights and even participated in an anti-bullying public service announcement sponsored by the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation. Read more here.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet