Shaq's Pee Cartoon Incites Antigay Response
BY Neal Broverman
January 03 2013 3:31 PM ET
Basketball legend Shaquille O'Neal got himself involved in a minor controversy after he posted an image of urinal etiquette that sparked an antigay response.
In the cartoon, posted early Thursday, a man decides to use a urinal next to another man unloading his bladder, even though several other urinals are available. O'Neal wrote under the image, "This is an automatic fight in my book.......LMFAO."
One commenter wrote "GAAAAAYYYY !!!!!," while another wrote, "Meat gazer!" In the cartoon, the man who urinates close to the other man has a somewhat limp wrist.
As Huffington Post points out, O'Neal has previously shown support for gay rights and even participated in an anti-bullying public service announcement sponsored by the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation. Read more here.
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Boy Scouts Timeline
- Porn Star Wilfried Knight Commits Suicide After Long Battle With Immigration
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 35 min 57 sec ago
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship May 22 2013 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy May 22 2013 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall May 22 2013 6:16 PM