RG3: Now Is the Time for a Gay NFL Player to Come Out
BY Michelle Garcia
August 14 2013 12:06 PM ET
Washington Redskins star quarterback Robert Griffin III, or RG3, says now is the time for a gay player to come out in professional football.
"I think there are [gay players] right now, and if they're looking for a window to just come out, I mean, now is the window," he said in an interview with GQ. "My view on it is, yes, I am a Christian, but to each his own. You do what you want to do. If some Christians want to look at being gay as a sin, then thinking about other women, committing adultery — or any of those sins that are in the Bible — those are sins too. And God looks at all of us the same way."
Griffin, 23, is returning for his second season in the NFL after experiencing a devastating knee injury at the end of the last season in a game with the Seattle Seahawks.
This Monday the Redskins will face the Pittsburgh Steelers for the team's second preseason game.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Television Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine Quietly Breaks Ground 4 min 29 sec ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 1 hour 5 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 1 hour 19 min ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 1 hour 40 min ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM