RG3: Now Is the Time for a Gay NFL Player to Come Out
BY Michelle Garcia
August 14 2013 11:06 AM ET
Washington Redskins star quarterback Robert Griffin III, or RG3, says now is the time for a gay player to come out in professional football.
"I think there are [gay players] right now, and if they're looking for a window to just come out, I mean, now is the window," he said in an interview with GQ. "My view on it is, yes, I am a Christian, but to each his own. You do what you want to do. If some Christians want to look at being gay as a sin, then thinking about other women, committing adultery — or any of those sins that are in the Bible — those are sins too. And God looks at all of us the same way."
Griffin, 23, is returning for his second season in the NFL after experiencing a devastating knee injury at the end of the last season in a game with the Seattle Seahawks.
This Monday the Redskins will face the Pittsburgh Steelers for the team's second preseason game.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View