RG3: Now Is the Time for a Gay NFL Player to Come Out
BY Michelle Garcia
August 14 2013 11:06 AM ET
Washington Redskins star quarterback Robert Griffin III, or RG3, says now is the time for a gay player to come out in professional football.
"I think there are [gay players] right now, and if they're looking for a window to just come out, I mean, now is the window," he said in an interview with GQ. "My view on it is, yes, I am a Christian, but to each his own. You do what you want to do. If some Christians want to look at being gay as a sin, then thinking about other women, committing adultery — or any of those sins that are in the Bible — those are sins too. And God looks at all of us the same way."
Griffin, 23, is returning for his second season in the NFL after experiencing a devastating knee injury at the end of the last season in a game with the Seattle Seahawks.
This Monday the Redskins will face the Pittsburgh Steelers for the team's second preseason game.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Game of Thrones Video Game Announced
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study December 12 2013 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians December 12 2013 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson December 12 2013 6:03 PM
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! December 12 2013 4:20 PM