RG3: Now Is the Time for a Gay NFL Player to Come Out
BY Michelle Garcia
August 14 2013 12:06 PM ET
Washington Redskins star quarterback Robert Griffin III, or RG3, says now is the time for a gay player to come out in professional football.
"I think there are [gay players] right now, and if they're looking for a window to just come out, I mean, now is the window," he said in an interview with GQ. "My view on it is, yes, I am a Christian, but to each his own. You do what you want to do. If some Christians want to look at being gay as a sin, then thinking about other women, committing adultery — or any of those sins that are in the Bible — those are sins too. And God looks at all of us the same way."
Griffin, 23, is returning for his second season in the NFL after experiencing a devastating knee injury at the end of the last season in a game with the Seattle Seahawks.
This Monday the Redskins will face the Pittsburgh Steelers for the team's second preseason game.
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- New Orleans Mayor Counters Jindal's Order With One of Acceptance for All