RG3: Now Is the Time for a Gay NFL Player to Come Out
BY Michelle Garcia
August 14 2013 11:06 AM ET
Washington Redskins star quarterback Robert Griffin III, or RG3, says now is the time for a gay player to come out in professional football.
"I think there are [gay players] right now, and if they're looking for a window to just come out, I mean, now is the window," he said in an interview with GQ. "My view on it is, yes, I am a Christian, but to each his own. You do what you want to do. If some Christians want to look at being gay as a sin, then thinking about other women, committing adultery — or any of those sins that are in the Bible — those are sins too. And God looks at all of us the same way."
Griffin, 23, is returning for his second season in the NFL after experiencing a devastating knee injury at the end of the last season in a game with the Seattle Seahawks.
This Monday the Redskins will face the Pittsburgh Steelers for the team's second preseason game.
- Women Pussy Riot To Be Freed 22 min 52 sec ago
- Television Meet the New Queens of RuPaul's Drag Race 1 hour 56 min ago
- Women WATCH: Real-Life Girlfriends Bria & Chrissy on '10 Things Lesbians Do on Saturdays' 1 hour 59 min ago
- Travel Stockholm Pride Sent an FU to Putin 2 hours 10 min ago
- Sports WATCH: Sportscaster Denies Calling Kansas Jayhawks 'Gayhawks' 2 hours 40 min ago
- Music 6 New Christmas Albums To Get You In the Holiday Mood 2:40 PM
- Film George Takei Documentary to Premiere at Sundance 2:39 PM