Harry Styles Rocks A Michael Sam Jersey At St. Louis Concert
BY Annie Hollenbeck
August 29 2014 10:58 AM ET
Jason Collins, Daniel Radcliffe, and countless other celebrities have voiced their support of Michael Sam, as he fights to become the first openly gay active player to suit up for an NFL regular season game. Now, Michael Sam has received support from One Direction’s Harry Styles.
The pop star donned a Michael Sam jersey during One Direction’s concert at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis Wednesday night. Styles had been a strong ally of the LGBT community over the past couple of years, and his support comes timed with Sam’s pending status on the final St. Louis Rams roster.
The Rams have until Saturday afternoon to cut the current roster from 75 to 53, prior to the NFL regular season. If Sam is not signed to the Rams, it will most likely be because of St. Louis’ deep defensive line.
A flattered Sam tweeted Styles a shout out on Twitter Thursday morning, thanking him for his support.
— Michael Sam (@MichaelSamNFL) August 28, 2014
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View