Gay Couples: Feel Free to Hold Hands at London Olympics
BY Neal Broverman
March 08 2012 3:10 PM ET
Volunteers getting trained for the London Summer Olympics are now prepared to handle complaints of same-sex PDAs.
Part of the training for volunteers is a diversity quiz. One question involves a hypothetical situation where two men are holding hands and a neighboring person asks the volunteer to tell them to stop.
“What do you do?,” the quiz asks.
“a) You tell the person to stop being a homophobic idiot and walk away.
b) You want everybody to feel comfortable and welcome at the Games, so you politely ask the couple to stop holding hands.
c) You explain that there is a huge diversity of people at the London 2012 Games, which includes gay, lesbian and bisexual couples.”
The correct answer, thankfully, is c). Read more here.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- WATCH: S.C. Senator Uses Confederate Flag Debate to Deliver Antigay Rant
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Rep. Steve King Wants Congress to Denounce Supreme Court's Marriage Equality Ruling
- WATCH: Texas Couple Who Sued for Marriage License Will Now Receive It