Gay Couples: Feel Free to Hold Hands at London Olympics
BY Neal Broverman
March 08 2012 2:10 PM ET
Volunteers getting trained for the London Summer Olympics are now prepared to handle complaints of same-sex PDAs.
Part of the training for volunteers is a diversity quiz. One question involves a hypothetical situation where two men are holding hands and a neighboring person asks the volunteer to tell them to stop.
“What do you do?,” the quiz asks.
“a) You tell the person to stop being a homophobic idiot and walk away.
b) You want everybody to feel comfortable and welcome at the Games, so you politely ask the couple to stop holding hands.
c) You explain that there is a huge diversity of people at the London 2012 Games, which includes gay, lesbian and bisexual couples.”
The correct answer, thankfully, is c). Read more here.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Op-ed: Creator of Red Equal Sign on How It Changed Hearts and Minds #AcceptanceMatters
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season December 04 2013 7:41 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity December 04 2013 7:25 PM
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional December 04 2013 4:50 PM
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs December 04 2013 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth December 04 2013 3:37 PM