Gay Couples: Feel Free to Hold Hands at London Olympics
BY Neal Broverman
March 08 2012 3:10 PM ET
Volunteers getting trained for the London Summer Olympics are now prepared to handle complaints of same-sex PDAs.
Part of the training for volunteers is a diversity quiz. One question involves a hypothetical situation where two men are holding hands and a neighboring person asks the volunteer to tell them to stop.
“What do you do?,” the quiz asks.
“a) You tell the person to stop being a homophobic idiot and walk away.
b) You want everybody to feel comfortable and welcome at the Games, so you politely ask the couple to stop holding hands.
c) You explain that there is a huge diversity of people at the London 2012 Games, which includes gay, lesbian and bisexual couples.”
The correct answer, thankfully, is c). Read more here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt