Gay Couples: Feel Free to Hold Hands at London Olympics
BY Neal Broverman
March 08 2012 3:10 PM ET
Volunteers getting trained for the London Summer Olympics are now prepared to handle complaints of same-sex PDAs.
Part of the training for volunteers is a diversity quiz. One question involves a hypothetical situation where two men are holding hands and a neighboring person asks the volunteer to tell them to stop.
“What do you do?,” the quiz asks.
“a) You tell the person to stop being a homophobic idiot and walk away.
b) You want everybody to feel comfortable and welcome at the Games, so you politely ask the couple to stop holding hands.
c) You explain that there is a huge diversity of people at the London 2012 Games, which includes gay, lesbian and bisexual couples.”
The correct answer, thankfully, is c). Read more here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown