Ellen DeGeneres Wins Teen Choice Award
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 23 2012 11:38 AM ET
Ellen DeGeneres, Glee, and Pretty Little Liars were among the big winners at the 14th annual Teen Choice Awards.
DeGeneres took home the surfboard, which the organization hands out in lieu of a statuette, for choice comedian. The comic-talk show host then honored her frequent guests Sophia Grace and Rosie with the choice Web award.
Fox's Glee took honors in the choice TV comedy category, while ABC Family's LGBT-inclusive drama Pretty Little Liars was named choice drama series.
Other winners include Emma Stone, who received dual honors as choice comedy actress for Crazy Stupid Love and as choice drama actress for The Help. Equality ally Josh Hutcherson was named choice sci-fi/fantasy actor for his performance in The Hunger Games.
The awards, which are voted on by viewers ages 13-19, were handed out Sunday at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Los Angeles.
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias March 10 2014 6:08 PM