Ellen DeGeneres Wins Teen Choice Award
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 23 2012 11:38 AM ET
Ellen DeGeneres, Glee, and Pretty Little Liars were among the big winners at the 14th annual Teen Choice Awards.
DeGeneres took home the surfboard, which the organization hands out in lieu of a statuette, for choice comedian. The comic-talk show host then honored her frequent guests Sophia Grace and Rosie with the choice Web award.
Fox's Glee took honors in the choice TV comedy category, while ABC Family's LGBT-inclusive drama Pretty Little Liars was named choice drama series.
Other winners include Emma Stone, who received dual honors as choice comedy actress for Crazy Stupid Love and as choice drama actress for The Help. Equality ally Josh Hutcherson was named choice sci-fi/fantasy actor for his performance in The Hunger Games.
The awards, which are voted on by viewers ages 13-19, were handed out Sunday at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Los Angeles.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Antigay Group's Ad Tells Supreme Court: Marriage 'God's Alone to Decide'