Ellen DeGeneres Wins Teen Choice Award
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 23 2012 11:38 AM ET
Ellen DeGeneres, Glee, and Pretty Little Liars were among the big winners at the 14th annual Teen Choice Awards.
DeGeneres took home the surfboard, which the organization hands out in lieu of a statuette, for choice comedian. The comic-talk show host then honored her frequent guests Sophia Grace and Rosie with the choice Web award.
Fox's Glee took honors in the choice TV comedy category, while ABC Family's LGBT-inclusive drama Pretty Little Liars was named choice drama series.
Other winners include Emma Stone, who received dual honors as choice comedy actress for Crazy Stupid Love and as choice drama actress for The Help. Equality ally Josh Hutcherson was named choice sci-fi/fantasy actor for his performance in The Hunger Games.
The awards, which are voted on by viewers ages 13-19, were handed out Sunday at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Los Angeles.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 44 min 2 sec ago
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 1 hour 18 min ago
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 1 hour 18 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT 1 hour 18 min ago
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1:06 AM
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? May 21 2013 10:00 PM