Ellen DeGeneres Wins Teen Choice Award
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 23 2012 10:38 AM ET
Ellen DeGeneres, Glee, and Pretty Little Liars were among the big winners at the 14th annual Teen Choice Awards.
DeGeneres took home the surfboard, which the organization hands out in lieu of a statuette, for choice comedian. The comic-talk show host then honored her frequent guests Sophia Grace and Rosie with the choice Web award.
Fox's Glee took honors in the choice TV comedy category, while ABC Family's LGBT-inclusive drama Pretty Little Liars was named choice drama series.
Other winners include Emma Stone, who received dual honors as choice comedy actress for Crazy Stupid Love and as choice drama actress for The Help. Equality ally Josh Hutcherson was named choice sci-fi/fantasy actor for his performance in The Hunger Games.
The awards, which are voted on by viewers ages 13-19, were handed out Sunday at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Los Angeles.
- BREAKING: Utah Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- N.M. County Officials Resign Over Marriage Equality
- Duck Dynasty May Be Over After Antigay Tirade
- Hundreds of Catholic Students Protest Gay Vice Principal's Dismissal
- Ugandan Parliament Passes Anti-Homosexuality Bill
- WATCH: Jon Stewart 'Sort of' Stands With Fox News in Defending Duck Dynasty Star
- Marriage Equality Photo from Utah: First Gay Couple Married 53 min 18 sec ago
- Women LISTEN: Out Folk Duo Hannah & Maggie's Lesbian Love Letter to Mrs. Claus 1 hour 47 min ago
- Women INTERVIEW: Welcome to the Age of Mary Lambert 4:55 PM
- Style Daily Crush: Out Russian Olympics T-Shirt 4:48 PM
- Entertainment News Make These Golden Girls Legos Happen! 4:44 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Small Hotel or Resort 4:34 PM
- Comedy Best Tweets: 'Duck You, Phil Robertson' 4:29 PM