Lady Gaga to Launch Anti-Bullying Foundation Today
BY Nick Visser
February 29 2012 4:58 PM ET
Lady Gaga and her mother are set to launch their national anti-bullying effort today, the Born This Way Foundation, at Harvard University.
Led by Gaga and her mother, Cynthia Germanotta, the foundation hopes to combat intolerance while promoting a “braver, kinder world,” with a focus on positive change that embraces difference.
From the organization’s Facebook page:
The non-profit charitable organization will lead youth into a braver new society where each individual is accepted and loved as the person they were born to be. BTWF will focus on youth empowerment and equality by addressing issues like self-confidence, well-being, anti-bullying, mentoring and career development and will utilize digital mobilization as one of the means to create positive change.
"My mother and I have initiated a passion project. We call it the Born This Way Foundation. Together we hope to establish a standard of Bravery and Kindness, as well as a community worldwide that protects and nurtures others in the face of bullying and abandonment," Lady Gaga said.
The foundation’s Born Brave Bus will follow Gaga’s own around the country during the North American leg of her upcoming Born This Way Ball tour.
Today’s keynote address during the launch event, featuring Lady Gaga and her mother, Oprah, and Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius, will be live streamed on YouTube from 4-5:30 p.m. ET.
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade 5:34 PM
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM