WATCH: Gay Twins Share Their Personal Bullying Story
BY Jase Peeples
August 25 2013 1:12 PM ET
Gary and Larry Lane, the gay twins behind the award-winning documentary Hollywood to Dollywood, have teamed up with Friend Movement to create a new video sharing their own personal experience being bullied growing up.
Friend Movement is a grassroots antibullying organization launched earlier this year by Ronnie Kroell and Elliot London.
The group is currently nearing the finish line for its first goal to shoot 10,000 photos in 90 days across 40 cities for the organization’s campaign “The New F Word,” which aims to raise global awareness of the antibullying cause.
The campaign evokes a strong message of self-empowerment by literally giving bullying “the bird,” while encouraging youth to stop using words like fatty, freak, and faggot by choosing to be a friend instead.
Watch the Lane twins share their story below and head to Friendmovement.com for more on this inspiring movement.
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- WATCH: Deaf Meets LGBT in New Romantic Series