WATCH: Gay Twins Share Their Personal Bullying Story
BY Jase Peeples
August 25 2013 12:12 PM ET
Gary and Larry Lane, the gay twins behind the award-winning documentary Hollywood to Dollywood, have teamed up with Friend Movement to create a new video sharing their own personal experience being bullied growing up.
Friend Movement is a grassroots antibullying organization launched earlier this year by Ronnie Kroell and Elliot London.
The group is currently nearing the finish line for its first goal to shoot 10,000 photos in 90 days across 40 cities for the organization’s campaign “The New F Word,” which aims to raise global awareness of the antibullying cause.
The campaign evokes a strong message of self-empowerment by literally giving bullying “the bird,” while encouraging youth to stop using words like fatty, freak, and faggot by choosing to be a friend instead.
Watch the Lane twins share their story below and head to Friendmovement.com for more on this inspiring movement.
- Entertainment News Musto: Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It 2 hours 52 min ago
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 7:00 AM
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 6:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM