All Rights reserved
Police in Connecticut are investigating the death of longtime radio journalist Michael Collins, a former Associated Press broadcast editor who died of antifreeze poisoning at his home earlier this month.
According to the AP, investigators have classified the circumstances of Collins's death on June 17 as "unusual." He was 63 years old.
"The Connecticut medical examiner's office says the cause of Collins' June 17 death was poisoning by ethylene glycol, an antifreeze," reports the AP. "The police chief in Orange, Robert Gagne, said detectives are investigating 'some unusual circumstances.' He would not elaborate."
Collins, who ran the broadcast wire in the New York City bureau of the AP for 15 years, was a member of the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association (NLGJA). Justin Louis, who considered Collins a mentor, wrote a tribute.