Artist Spotlight: David Trullo
BY Christopher Harrity
June 15 2013 4:00 AM ET
Fishers of Men, 2006, artist’s book. Edition of 10. Box with 12 prints, signed and numbered. Canvas case cover. Digital prints on Somerset Velvet Enhanced paper, 40.5 x 56 cm
Fishers of Men (2006) explores the representation of masculinity. It is based on the figures of the Christian apostles, as examples of the "homo virtus," or man of virtues, confronted with the figure of the gay "bear" as the stereotype of the "hypermale."
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Murder Mastermind Charles Manson is Bi, Raped a Man
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding