Artist Spotlight: David Trullo
BY Christopher Harrity
June 15 2013 4:00 AM ET
Fishers of Men, 2006, artist’s book. Edition of 10. Box with 12 prints, signed and numbered. Canvas case cover. Digital prints on Somerset Velvet Enhanced paper, 40.5 x 56 cm
Fishers of Men (2006) explores the representation of masculinity. It is based on the figures of the Christian apostles, as examples of the "homo virtus," or man of virtues, confronted with the figure of the gay "bear" as the stereotype of the "hypermale."
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- WATCH: Gay Dream Team of Michael Urie, Randy Harrison in Such Good People
- Fateful Typo Discovered in Ky Peterson's Sentencing
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House