Artist Spotlight: David Trullo
BY Christopher Harrity
June 15 2013 4:00 AM ET
Fishers of Men, 2006, artist’s book. Edition of 10. Box with 12 prints, signed and numbered. Canvas case cover. Digital prints on Somerset Velvet Enhanced paper, 40.5 x 56 cm
Fishers of Men (2006) explores the representation of masculinity. It is based on the figures of the Christian apostles, as examples of the "homo virtus," or man of virtues, confronted with the figure of the gay "bear" as the stereotype of the "hypermale."
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- WATCH: Australian Model Ruby Rose Comes Out as Gender Fluid