Artist Spotlight: David Trullo
BY Christopher Harrity
June 15 2013 3:00 AM ET
Fishers of Men, 2006, artist’s book. Edition of 10. Box with 12 prints, signed and numbered. Canvas case cover. Digital prints on Somerset Velvet Enhanced paper, 40.5 x 56 cm
Fishers of Men (2006) explores the representation of masculinity. It is based on the figures of the Christian apostles, as examples of the "homo virtus," or man of virtues, confronted with the figure of the gay "bear" as the stereotype of the "hypermale."
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- PHOTOS: Jesus Days
- Is Winnie the Pooh Transgender or Intersex?
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died