20 Must-Read Books We Missed Last Year
BY Clea Kim and Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 13 2013 5:00 AM ET
We Kick Balls: True Stories From the Youth Soccer Wars by Dan Woog (Create Space, $12.95)
Dan Woog, a Westport, Conn.–based soccer coach, writer, and educator, tells his unique tale of soccer and life. Woog has experienced it all. He has taken his teams to Europe, Brazil, and Australia, coached in front of 77,000 people, helped raise $25,000 at a car wash, and acted in a soccer movie. He’s won state championships, been named national coach of the year, and inducted into Connecticut’s Hall of Fame. After telling stories of coaching players and helping those with personal struggles and tragedies, Woog unveils coming out as a gay man in his final chapter. This is not only a soccer book but also a book about teenagers, society, and self-discovery.
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series