Matthew Bourne launches new production company
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 31 2001 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Matthew Bourne, the out director-choreographer behind the Tony-winning all-male production of Swan Lake, has formed a new company for his stage and film projects. New Adventures, Bourne's new venture, is in negotiations with the Royal National Theatre in London to present a new production there next summer. His previous company, Adventures in Motion Pictures, will continue to tour Bourne's production of The Car Man in North America. On the side Bourne is also working on teaming with Trevor Nunn on a new production of South Pacific at the National's Olivier Theatre in December and developing a stage version of The Little Mermaid for Disney Theatricals.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- Right-Wingers Claim Gay Republicans Are 'Wrong,' 'Terrible Role Models'
- Welcome to Night Vale: Where Queer Is Normal and Normal Is Bizarre