Gay contestant will compete on Survivor: Africa
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 26 2001 12:00 AM ET
CBS has announced the 16 contestants from the upcoming Survivor: Africa, and one of them is 25-year-old Brandon Quinton, an openly gay bartender from Dallas. His bio on www.CBS.com reads, "Brandon Quinton was born in Ada, Okla. While his father served in the Army, the family relocated to various places, including Temple, Tex.; Savannah, Ga.; and Munich, Germany. Currently Quinton lives in Dallas and works as a bartender. He previously worked as a makeup artist at a major department store. Quinton attended East Central University in Ada but dropped out his sophomore year. He describes himself as affectionate, smart, and manipulative, and his hobbies are playing tennis, running, and smoking. Although gay, Quinton was married to a woman during college but is now divorced and single. His birth date is January 22." Survivor: Africa premieres on October 11.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- Even Former NOM Executives Believe Marriage Equality Is Imminent
- Top Filipino Singer-Actor Comes Out as a Transgender Man