Gay contestant will compete on Survivor: Africa
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 26 2001 12:00 AM ET
CBS has announced the 16 contestants from the upcoming Survivor: Africa, and one of them is 25-year-old Brandon Quinton, an openly gay bartender from Dallas. His bio on www.CBS.com reads, "Brandon Quinton was born in Ada, Okla. While his father served in the Army, the family relocated to various places, including Temple, Tex.; Savannah, Ga.; and Munich, Germany. Currently Quinton lives in Dallas and works as a bartender. He previously worked as a makeup artist at a major department store. Quinton attended East Central University in Ada but dropped out his sophomore year. He describes himself as affectionate, smart, and manipulative, and his hobbies are playing tennis, running, and smoking. Although gay, Quinton was married to a woman during college but is now divorced and single. His birth date is January 22." Survivor: Africa premieres on October 11.
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- Wyoming Won't Appeal Marriage Equality