Sondheim's Into the Woods returns to Broadway
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 26 2001 11:00 PM ET
Win a few, lose a few--Stephen Sondheim announced the indefinite postponement of the Broadway debut of his show Assassins following the September 11 attacks, but it now appears that another Sondheim show will be making a path to the Great White Way. Variety reports that Sondheim's Tony-winning 1987 musical Into the Woods is headed for a Broadway revival, with Vanessa Williams playing the Witch, a role that was originated by Bernadette Peters. James Lapine will once again direct, and the show is scheduled to open at the Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles on February 10 before making it to New York in the spring of 2002.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6