Sondheim's Into the Woods returns to Broadway
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 27 2001 12:00 AM ET
Win a few, lose a few--Stephen Sondheim announced the indefinite postponement of the Broadway debut of his show Assassins following the September 11 attacks, but it now appears that another Sondheim show will be making a path to the Great White Way. Variety reports that Sondheim's Tony-winning 1987 musical Into the Woods is headed for a Broadway revival, with Vanessa Williams playing the Witch, a role that was originated by Bernadette Peters. James Lapine will once again direct, and the show is scheduled to open at the Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles on February 10 before making it to New York in the spring of 2002.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Governors of Connecticut, New York, and Washington Ban Travel to Indiana
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV