CBS cuts back order on The Ellen Show
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 29 2002 1:00 AM ET
CBS has cut back its order of 22 new episodes of The Ellen Show to 18, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Network sources cited reduced inventory needs on Friday nights, when the network will be airing movies in the 8-10 p.m. time slot during the Winter Olympics. Network execs are said to remain supportive of the show, which got a full-season pickup following Ellen DeGeneres's successful hosting of this year's Emmy Awards.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Analysis: Nope, Same-Sex Marriage Doesn't Dissuade Straight People from Getting Married
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'