Stephen Fry to host BAFTA awards
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 15 2002 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that out actor-writer Stephen Fry will host the British Academy of Film and Television Arts awards, the U.K. equivalent of the Oscars, on February 24. This year marks the first time that the show will be broadcast in other countries--E! Entertainment Television will air a two-hour international version on March 1, and the show will also be seen in Australia, India, China, the Benelux countries, Denmark, Indonesia, and Malaysia. The show's producer, Endemol U.K., said the program will be behind only the Oscars and the Golden Globes as the world's most widely distributed film awards broadcast.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy