Stephen Fry to host BAFTA awards
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 15 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that out actor-writer Stephen Fry will host the British Academy of Film and Television Arts awards, the U.K. equivalent of the Oscars, on February 24. This year marks the first time that the show will be broadcast in other countries--E! Entertainment Television will air a two-hour international version on March 1, and the show will also be seen in Australia, India, China, the Benelux countries, Denmark, Indonesia, and Malaysia. The show's producer, Endemol U.K., said the program will be behind only the Oscars and the Golden Globes as the world's most widely distributed film awards broadcast.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6