Stephen Fry to host BAFTA awards
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 15 2002 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that out actor-writer Stephen Fry will host the British Academy of Film and Television Arts awards, the U.K. equivalent of the Oscars, on February 24. This year marks the first time that the show will be broadcast in other countries--E! Entertainment Television will air a two-hour international version on March 1, and the show will also be seen in Australia, India, China, the Benelux countries, Denmark, Indonesia, and Malaysia. The show's producer, Endemol U.K., said the program will be behind only the Oscars and the Golden Globes as the world's most widely distributed film awards broadcast.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- WATCH: Nebraska Woman Is Suing All 'Homosexuals' on Behalf of God
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: Janet Mock Gives Oprah 'Ah-Ha' Moments About Gender