HBO acquires new documentary from James Ronald Whitney
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 05 2002 12:00 AM ET
Out filmmaker James Ronald Whitney, whose Sundance-selected documentary Just, Melvin: Just Evil aired on HBO, has sold another film to the network, according to indieWIRE.com. HBO has acquired Whitney's Telling Nicholas, which has been described as "an incredible microscopic look at the effect and devastation of the Twin Towers tragedy on one American family." The film deals with a father who must deal with telling his son about his mother's death in the World Trade Center on September 11. "With the tremendous popularity of HBO, I'm certain that the story of Nicholas and his mother will forever remind people of the devastation caused by the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center," said Whitney in a prepared statement.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment