Rosie O'Donnell scores nine Daytime Emmy nominations
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 15 2002 1:00 AM ET
Newly out talk-show host Rosie O'Donnell, winner of the Outstanding Talk Show and Outstanding Talk Show Host Daytime Emmy awards for the past four years, has a chance to make it five. O'Donnell received nine nominations Wednesday for the Daytime Emmys. Besides those two categories, her show will also compete for Directing in a Talk Show, Multiple Camera Editing, Main Title Design, Makeup, Music Direction and Composition, Hairstyling, and Art Decoration/Set Decoration/Scenic Design. The Daytime Emmy Awards will be presented May 17 on CBS.
Rosie O'Donnell's much-discussed interview with Diane Sawyer, part of a Primetime Thursday story about gay adoptive parents, airs at 9 p.m. Eastern/Pacific on Thursday, March 14.
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Disney Exec Named Head of GLSEN Board 37 min 11 sec ago
- Women Transgender High School Senior Skips His Graduation 37 min 22 sec ago
- Books Q&A Quickie: Justin Hernandez, from Gay Stripper to Naked Author 43 min 3 sec ago
- Women Todd Haynes To Direct Blanchett/Wasikowska in Patricia Highsmith Lesbian Potboiler 57 min 25 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Is 'Scared, Overwhelmed' By Potential Felony Sex Abuse Charges 1 hour 25 min ago
- World News Australia's Penny Wong Fights Homophobic Comments 1 hour 46 min ago
- Women Pretty Little Liars Adds Rumer Willis to Roster and Lands Teen Choice Nominations 1 hour 49 min ago