Will Young to appear on Top of the Pops
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 15 2002 12:00 AM ET
Will Young, the chart-topping British pop singer who came out last weekend, will be making an appearance on Top of the Pops, according to BBC News. He had not appeared for his single's debut at number 1 because the BBC would not allow him to perform both songs from his double-A-side single "Evergreen" / "Anything Is Possible." A new arrangement between Young's label, BMG, and the BBC means that he will prerecord "Evergreen" on Thursday for the Friday show, and the program will also feature the video for "Anything Is Possible." (Top of the Pops airs in the United States on BBC America; for more information, visit www.bbcamerica.com.)
In other Will Young news, the singer will kick off a 21-date U.K. tour Thursday night at Wembley Stadium in London, where he will perform with the other finalists from the Pop Idol show that led him to fame. The 18,000 tickets for the first two Wembley shows were snapped up within 2 1/2 hours. The Pop Idol singers will also perform for the Prince of Wales at the Prince's Trust concert, and Young will sing for members of the royal family and for the public at a June 3 Buckingham Palace concert, part of the Queen's Golden Jubilee celebration.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View