Lortel Award nominations for off-Broadway theater announced
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 04 2002 1:00 AM ET
Nominations have been announced for the 17th annual Lucille Lortel Awards for Outstanding Achievement Off-Broadway, which will be held on May 6 in New York City. Among the gay theater artists nominated are Tony Kushner and the Kinsey Sicks; out playwright Edward Albee will also be honored with a lifetime achievement award. For a complete list of nominees, go to www.LortelAwards.com.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word