Hedwig and the Angry Inch scores big at Outfest Screen Idol Awards
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 07 2002 12:00 AM ET
Outfest, celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2002 as Los Angeles's gay and lesbian film festival, has announced the winners for the second annual Screen Idol Awards, which honor the best performances in a gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender role in a feature film or movie for television. Two of the four awards, which were voted on by the general public at the Outfest Web site, went to stars of Hedwig and the Angry Inch: John Cameron Mitchell (who also wrote and directed the film) won Best Actor, and Miriam Shor won Best Supporting Actress. Naomi Watts took Best Actress for her work in David Lynch's Mulholland Drive, and James Gandolfini received Best Supporting Actor for The Mexican.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House