Rock band Queen added to Hollywood Walk of Fame
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 19 2002 12:00 AM ET
The rock band Queen was inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame Friday, one of the few non-American rock acts to be so honored, reports BBC News. Legendary gay lead vocalist Freddie Mercury died in 1991, but the group remains a presence on the U.S. charts--the recently released Queen Platinum Collection album is at number 48 on Billboard's Top 100. Band members Brian May and Roger Taylor attended the unveiling of the Walk of Fame star, which is located in front of the Ivar nightclub on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles.
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- See Where the Nation Stands On Marriage Equality — In One Graphic
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Antigay Ark. Rally Eclipsed by Protesters Shouting 'Love Is Love'
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps