Out Sweet Home Alabama writer C. Jay Cox to direct Latter Days
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2002 12:00 AM ET
Openly gay screenwriter C. Jay Cox (Sweet Home Alabama) will make his directorial debut with Latter Days for Funny Boy Films. The film, which Cox also wrote, centers on the unlikely romance between a jaded gay party boy and a young Mormon missionary. Steve Sandvoss, Wesley Ramsey, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Third Rock From the Sun) will star in the feature, which is currently shooting in Los Angeles and is scheduled for release in 2003. Funny Boy Films is a new company designed to independently develop, produce, and finance gay and lesbian films to be distributed through TLA Releasing.
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'