Out Sweet Home Alabama writer C. Jay Cox to direct Latter Days
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2002 1:00 AM ET
Openly gay screenwriter C. Jay Cox (Sweet Home Alabama) will make his directorial debut with Latter Days for Funny Boy Films. The film, which Cox also wrote, centers on the unlikely romance between a jaded gay party boy and a young Mormon missionary. Steve Sandvoss, Wesley Ramsey, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Third Rock From the Sun) will star in the feature, which is currently shooting in Los Angeles and is scheduled for release in 2003. Funny Boy Films is a new company designed to independently develop, produce, and finance gay and lesbian films to be distributed through TLA Releasing.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word