McKellen may enter Harry Potter series
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 13 2002 1:00 AM ET
World Entertainment News Network reports that out actor Sir Ian McKellen may replace the late Richard Harris as Headmaster Albus Dumbledore in future chapters of the Harry Potter screen saga. If he takes the role, he would start shooting the third film in the series, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, early next year under director Alfonso Cuaron (Y Tu Mamá También). Last week Christopher Lee made public his disgust with the notion of being lined up for the role so quickly following Harris's death last month. A film insider notes, "They need someone with gravitas and presence to take on the role, and Ian's got that by the bucketload. It's hard to think of anyone else who could really make the part their own." McKellen's spokesperson declined to comment on the reports.
- A Brief History of Gays And The St. Patrick's Day Parade
- LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades
- Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death?
- Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia
- WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video
- Can San Francisco Become the First AIDS-Free City?
- Women WATCH: PLL's Shay Mitchell - 'Sometimes I'd Rather Kiss Another Girl' 14 min 57 sec ago
- Politics Ore. AG Rules 'Religious Freedom' Bill Title Must Say 'Discrimination' 30 min 37 sec ago
- Television PHOTOS: Behind The Scenes With a New Gay Sitcom 58 min 3 sec ago
- Music LISTEN: Lady Gaga's 'Brooklyn Nights' Leaked 1 hour 49 min ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: He's Positive, I'm Not — How Do We Deal? 2 hours 3 min ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: What Is a Serodiscordant Couple? 2 hours 4 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment 10 TV Stars Who Are HIV Activists 2 hours 6 min ago