Ararat tops Genie nominees with nine nods
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 12 2002 12:00 AM ET
Atom Egoyan's Ararat, a feature film about the 1915 Armenian genocide that includes several gay characters, leads the nominees for Canada's 23rd annual Genie Awards with nine, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The Genies honor the best in Canadian cinema, and will be presented February 13. Among Ararat's nominations are best picture, best original screenplay, and best supporting actor (for Elias Koteas, who plays one of the film's gay roles).
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School