Ararat tops Genie nominees with nine nods
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 12 2002 1:00 AM ET
Atom Egoyan's Ararat, a feature film about the 1915 Armenian genocide that includes several gay characters, leads the nominees for Canada's 23rd annual Genie Awards with nine, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The Genies honor the best in Canadian cinema, and will be presented February 13. Among Ararat's nominations are best picture, best original screenplay, and best supporting actor (for Elias Koteas, who plays one of the film's gay roles).
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?